Long lines can be a real buzzkill, right?
What if I told you there’s a way to experience the magic without spending half your day in queues?
While these rides aren’t the newest or the fastest, I enjoy them every time I am at Disney World. One of them is even my favorite and I look forward to it all the time!
Intrigued? Buckle up, because I’m about to reveal the 6 Magic Kingdom rides with the shortest wait times. Your ultimate guide to a wait-free Disney day starts now!
At a Glance…
1. Prince Charming’s Regal Carousel
What is it? Prince Charming’s Regal Carrousel is a traditional merry-go-round located in the heart of Fantasyland. With 90 beautifully hand-painted horses and a menagerie of other animals, it spins to the tune of classic Disney songs played on an organ.
Who is it for? This ride is perfect for the young and the young-at-heart. It’s a hit with families, especially those with little princes and princesses. It’s also a romantic spot for couples looking for a whimsical moment amidst the hustle and bustle of the park.
- Historic Ride: Believe it or not, this carousel dates back to 1917 and was purchased by Disney from a park in New Jersey.
- Cinderella’s Horse: One of the horses is said to belong to Cinderella. It’s the one with a golden bow on its tail. See if you can spot it!
- Hand-Painted Details: Each horse is unique, with intricate hand-painted details that make them individual works of art.
- Musical Charm: The carousel features a 1915 band organ that plays a variety of Disney tunes, adding to the magical atmosphere.
- Royal Backstory: In 2010, the ride was renamed from Cinderella’s Golden Carrousel to its current name to fit with the story of Prince Charming.
Whether you’re looking for a nostalgic ride down memory lane or a magical moment with your loved ones, Prince Charming Regal Carrousel is a Fantasyland staple that shouldn’t be missed. It’s a simple yet enchanting ride that captures the essence of Disney magic. So go ahead, pick your horse and take a spin in this fairy tale come to life! 🎠👑✨
2. Under The Sea
What is it? This is a dark ride that takes you on an underwater adventure, following the story of Ariel, the Little Mermaid. You’ll board a clamshell vehicle and journey through key scenes from the movie, complete with animatronics, special effects, and, of course, the iconic songs.
Who is it for? If you’re a fan of the movie, this ride is a must-do. It’s also perfect for families with kids, Disney couples, and anyone who loves a good sing-along. Seriously, try not singing “Under the Sea” while you’re on this ride; it’s nearly impossible!
- State-of-the-Art Animatronics: The Ariel animatronic is one of the most advanced at Disney, with incredibly lifelike movements.
- Hidden Mickeys: Keep an eye out for Hidden Mickeys in the rock formations and even in the bubbles in some scenes!
- Original Voice: Jodi Benson, the original voice of Ariel, re-recorded her lines and songs specifically for this attraction.
- Queue Details: The queue is an experience in itself, designed to look like you’re walking through the caves below Prince Eric’s castle. Don’t rush through it!
- Ursula’s Size: The Ursula animatronic is a whopping 7.5 feet tall and 12 feet wide. She’s as imposing as you’d imagine!
Whether you’re a Little Mermaid superfan or just love the idea of an underwater adventure, this ride is a delightful escape. It captures the magic of the movie and brings it to life in a way that’s fun for all ages. So go ahead, be part of Ariel’s world, even if it’s just for a few magical minutes! 🐠🎶✨
3. Tomorrowland PeopleMover
What is it? The PeopleMover is an elevated train ride that takes you on a leisurely 10-minute tour of Tomorrowland. It’s not a thrill ride, but it’s packed with charm and offers a unique view of the park. You’ll glide through attractions like Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin, getting a behind-the-scenes peek that you can’t get anywhere else.
Who is it for? Honestly, this ride is for everyone. This is my favorite Magic Kingdom ride! Whether you’re a Disney newbie or a seasoned veteran, there’s something to love. It’s perfect for families with young kids, couples looking for a romantic moment, or anyone who needs a break from the Florida heat. Plus, if you’re a Disney history buff, you’ll appreciate that this ride has been around since 1975!
- Walt Disney’s Vision: The ride was originally envisioned by Walt Disney as a form of public transportation for the “city of tomorrow.”
- Narration: The ride is narrated by Mike Brassell, and it’s so soothing that some people ride the PeopleMover just to hear his voice!
- Speed: It may seem slow, but the PeopleMover actually travels at a speed of 6.84 miles per hour. Perfect for taking in the sights!
- Hidden Mickey: Keep your eyes peeled for a hidden Mickey formed by a cluster of planets in the ride’s diorama of Progress City.
- No Seatbelts: Yep, this is one of the few Disney rides where seatbelts aren’t required. But remember, it’s always best to remain seated.
So, whether you’re a fan of Tomorrowland’s futuristic vibe, or you just want a comfy spot to rest your feet, the PeopleMover is a must-do. Trust me, once you ride it, you’ll wonder why you didn’t hop on sooner! 🚀✨
4. Magic Carpets of Aladdin
What is it? The Magic Carpets of Aladdin is a spinner ride located in Adventureland. You board a “magic carpet” and control its height and tilt as you circle around a giant genie lamp, all while enjoying views of the surrounding area.
Who is it for? This ride is perfect for families with young kids or anyone who loves the movie “Aladdin.” It’s a simpler ride, so it’s great for those who prefer something less intense than a roller coaster but still want a bit of adventure.
- Spitting Camels: Watch out for the golden camels near the ride; they spit water at unsuspecting guests. It’s a playful touch that adds to the ride’s charm.
- Ride Controls: Unlike some spinner rides, the Magic Carpets of Aladdin allows you to control both the height and the tilt of your carpet, giving you a bit more freedom during your flight.
- Nighttime Views: The ride offers a unique perspective of Adventureland when ridden at night, with the area’s lights adding a magical touch.
- Sister Rides: There are similar versions of this ride at Disneyland Paris and Tokyo DisneySea, each with its own unique twist.
- Genie’s Lamp: The centerpiece of the ride is a giant genie lamp that occasionally smokes, adding to the magical atmosphere.
Whether you’re an “Aladdin” fan or just looking for a fun, easy-going ride that offers a bird’s-eye view of Adventureland, the Magic Carpets of Aladdin is a delightful choice. It’s a quick but enchanting experience that’s perfect for when you want a break from the more intense rides. So go ahead, hop on a carpet and take flight! 🌟🕌✨
5. Country Bear Jamboree
What is it? Country Bear Jamboree is an animatronic stage show featuring a cast of singing bears. Set in Grizzly Hall in Frontierland, these bears perform a variety of country and western songs, complete with jokes and comedic skits.
Who is it for? If you’re a fan of old-school Disney attractions or just love a good, wholesome show, this one’s for you. It’s great for families, especially those looking for a break from the hustle and bustle of the park. Plus, if you have a soft spot for country tunes, you’re in for a treat!
- Walt’s Involvement: This was one of the last attractions that Walt Disney personally helped develop before his passing.
- Original Songs: The show features original songs written by Disney Legends like the Sherman Brothers and George Bruns.
- Multiple Versions: The show has different versions for Christmas and summer, so it’s worth revisiting during different seasons.
- Big Al: Keep an eye out for Big Al, the mournful bear who steals the show with his song “Blood on the Saddle.”
- Theater Capacity: Grizzly Hall can seat up to 350 guests, making it one of the larger theater attractions at Magic Kingdom.
Country Bear Jamboree is a slice of Americana that offers a break from the thrill rides and a chance to sit back, relax, and enjoy some good old country entertainment. It’s a charming, nostalgic experience that’ll leave you clapping along and maybe even singing a tune or two as you exit. So why not give these bears a visit on your next trip? 🐻🎵🤠
6. It’s A Small World
What is it? “It’s a Small World” is a classic boat ride that takes you through various scenes representing different cultures from around the world. As you float along, you’re serenaded by the iconic song “It’s a Small World,” performed in multiple languages by hundreds of animatronic dolls.
Who is it for? This ride is a hit with families, especially those with young children. It’s also great for anyone who appreciates classic Disney attractions or is interested in world cultures. And let’s be honest, if you’re a fan of that catchy tune, this is your jam!
- Origin Story: The ride was originally created for the 1964 New York World’s Fair before finding its permanent home at Disneyland and later at Disney World.
- Iconic Song: The song “It’s a Small World” was written by the Sherman Brothers, who also penned other Disney classics like “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.”
- Global Reach: The ride features more than 300 animatronic dolls, representing cultures from every continent.
- Clock Parade: Don’t miss the clock parade that happens outside the ride every 15 minutes. It’s a charming little show that often gets overlooked.
- Hidden Characters: In recent years, Disney has added characters from its films to the ride. See if you can spot Cinderella, Peter Pan, and others!
Whether you love it for its simplicity and charm or appreciate it as a piece of Disney history, “It’s a Small World” is a ride that encapsulates Walt Disney’s vision of a connected, harmonious world. So go ahead, hop on that boat and let yourself be carried away by the magic! 🌍✨
Wrap-up: Magic Kingdom Rides with the Shortest Wait Times
Wow, what a whirlwind tour of Magic Kingdom’s hidden gems! 🎢✨
From the nostalgic charm of Prince Charming’s Regal Carrousel to the futuristic allure of the Tomorrowland PeopleMover, these six rides offer a magical experience without the long waits.
Whether you’re a Disney first-timer or a seasoned veteran, these attractions are your fast track to fun, letting you make the most of your time in the park.
So next time you’re at Magic Kingdom, skip the long queues and head straight for these must-do rides. Trust me, your feet—and your watch—will thank you! 🕒✨
Please PIN this post for later!